The Office of Population Research (OPR) at Princeton University is a leading demographic research and training center. OPR has a distinguished history of contributions in formal demography and the study of fertility change. In recent years there has been increasing research activity in the areas of health and wellbeing, social demography, and migration and urbanization.
- Just how valuable are Yelp and Amazon ratings? Dalton Conley, Henry Putnam University Professor in Sociology, states “Simply put: making rating goods or services as easy as possible, as many e-commerce sites try to do, is counterproductive”.
- Summer institute advances social science in the digital age Matthew Salganik, Professor of Sociology is the co-founder of the annual institute with Duke University sociologist Christopher Bail. Established to help early career social scientists and data scientists make the most of digital data.
- Charles Westoff 's research is cited in the New York Times - Opinion Letters - regarding the recent blackout. Charles F.Westoff, Maurice P. During '22 Professor of Demographic Studies, Emeritus; Professor of Sociology, Emeritus
- Sociologist Matthew Salganik to lead Center for Information Technology Policy Matthew Salganik, Professor of Sociology, has pioneered uses of data and digital technologies in social research, and has been appointed interim director of Princeton University’s Center for Information Technology Policy.
- Yu Xie,Wins the 2019 ASA Paul F. Lazarsfeld Award Yu Xie, Bert G. Kerstetter '66 University Professor of Sociology and the Princeton Institute for International and Regional Studies. The Paul F. Lazarsfeld Award recognizes a scholar who has made a career of outstanding contributions to methodology in sociology.